Monday, May 3, 2010

Flooding

We had record rainfall this weekend in western KY and TN. And all the rivers and creeks are overflowing. You see, our soil is mostly clay on top of rock, giving way to caves and sink holes underneath. There's not much absorbing power there. And once the ground is saturated, the water must go somewhere. Thankfully, our house is on high ground, but I pity all the people who have lost their homes, cars, and crops-- and some have even lost their lives. This video was taken of the flooding Little River about 200 yards from our property. As I am filming, I'm standing on the edge of the original bridge (which would have been demolished by the water by now). The "new" bridge is much higher and stronger. We had to drive into Clarksville yesterday evening, and just as we crossed into Tennessee we saw a full rainbow. God knew that we needed a reminder that there will never be a second worldwide flood. (Genesis 9:11-17)

2 comments:

Tommy and Mommy said...

Wow. I'm surprised you could even get to Clarksville. I saw two pretty good floods during my years there, this must be bad.

Sarah said...

Clarksville is a lot worse than I realized. We will have a lot of clean up to do. AIM better get ready! :)