Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Reflections

This is a really hard time of year for me. The farm seems so cold, so dead. The horses look miserable out in the weather. The cat's fur is tipped with icicles. The fields look so barren. I feel bored and lonely in my little cave. My body aches to run and play in the warm sun. Will Spring ever come? I must content myself in the knowledge that my Creator has purposed this season. He also promised Spring. I will be patient, and I will dream about babies... baby chicks to feed and keep warm, baby kittens to search for in the hay loft, baby goats with a mother to milk, baby calves to bottle feed, and my own babies frolicking in the pool, or riding the pony, or picking peas in the garden...

1 comment:

victoriad said...

You can think about my babies while you are at it. Oh yeah, they aren't babies either, really, anymore :( Victoria